ENTER HERE (Add your name and club to the google form to speed up the start)
WHEN: Sunday 30th January 2022, 12:30
WHERE: Bramcote Track, Moor Lane, Nottingham, NG9 Google Pin (park on Moor Lane or in the nearby Sherwin Arms Pub)
WHAT / RULES:
This event is in no way connected to Youlgrave Harriers (ROY) or any other club or individual. All runners participating do so at their own risk. This is not an organised event and it should be noted that running whilst quickly consuming alcoholic beverages is an ill-advised and potentially dangerous activity. There will be no medical supervision and the only ROY involvement is the sharing of my (John W) personal intent to run in a circle and drink a beer x4. If you wish to join in this is your choice and your responsibility. It’s also my (john w) birthday. Chug chug. Yey!
The following rules will be being followed by me and others as we run around for personal entertainment. Note: There will be a “gin mile” being run by a few people who do not drink beer, this is because they have nothing better to do and is in no way an organised competition. Pre mixed cans of gin and tonic may be being consumed.
Should you wish to join in, all beverages must be self-supplied and if this was a competition with a prize to encourage effort then the Judge’s word would be final.
· Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps (start – beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap – finish).
· Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 metre zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
· The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last metre of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile (1609 metres).
· The size of the beer/beverage has to be a minimum of 330 ml in volume.
· No specialised cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie “super mega mouth cans” or “wide mouth bottles” are prohibited.
· Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles – no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
· Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.
· Each beer can/bottle must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
· Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. Please do not vomit on the track or in the long jump pit.
The fastest 3 of each team will have their times summed. This is the team time.
Rule Amends (these may differ from the US Beer mile rules)
Size is 330ml or above, this is to accommodate product availability.
Bottles or cans are permitted, but no pre-opening is allowed.
Cider rules = Size and strength must match beer rules
Any queries by the general public are to be responded with a “oh we’re just casually running round, never met these people before” and directed to John W as this has nothing to do with EVRC.
Do not drive.
2015 Results http://www.beermile.com/display/event_6265
2016 results http://www.evrc.co.uk/content/nothing-do-evrc-beer-mile-2016
2017 results http://www.evrc.co.uk/content/nothing-do-evrc-beermile-2017
2018 results https://www.evrc.co.uk/results/nothing-do-evrc-beer-mile-2018/